Peer Marketing Associates, Inc.
Peer Marketing Associates, Inc. (PMA), is a cooperative organized November 1, 1991. PMA is a bargaining cooperative whose members are wholesale distributors of candy, tobacco, grocery and general merchandise to the convenience store class of trade.
In 1996 its Board of Directors adopted the following Mission and Strategy statements:
The mission of Peer Marketing Associates, Inc. is to provide its members with quality buying, marketing, and service programs that enhance members’ profitability.
Peer Marketing Associates, Inc. is a program driven, member owned distributor cooperative. Our network of member distributors offers our business partnerships the opportunity to market their products nationwide via our member distributors and their retail customers. To ensure the success of these programs, a Product Review Committee will review them before approval by management. We expect our members to commit to participation/performance standards.
PMA MEMBERS WORK TOGETHER COOPERATIVELY TO:
- Purchase in an economic manner as a group.
- Achieve product distribution strength operating as a group.
- Share in rewards earned by the group, based on proportion of contribution by individual members in the total cooperative.
- Perform in accordance with agreed upon parameters.
- Members are able to earn agreed upon Patronage Dividends on an annual basis when a program has been successfully implemented in accordance with theobjectives of a specific program.
ABOUT OUR 102 MEMBERS:
Each member is a company that owns one share in our cooperative. Our members are convenience distributors.
Typical products purchased and sold by convenience distributors include candy, tobacco, snacks, beverages, health and beauty care items, general merchandise, foodservice and groceries. In addition to convenience stores, their largest customer segment, convenience distributors also service grocery stores, drug stores, tobacco shops, mass merchants, newsstands, concession stands, gift shops, fundraising groups, restaurants, institutions and much more.
WHAT IS A COOPERATIVE?
Cooperatives are Businesses That…
- Are owned and democratically controlled by their members—the people who use their services or buy their goods—not by investors.
- Return surplus revenues to members proportionate to their use of the cooperative, not proportionate to their ownership share.
- Are motivated not by profit, but to meet their members’ needs for goods or services.
- Pay taxes on income kept within the co-op for investment and reserves.
- Surplus revenues are returned to individual members, who pay taxes on that income.
Cooperatives fall into four categories: consumer, producer, worker and
Peer Marketing Associates is a Purchasing Cooperative
Purchasing or shared services cooperatives are cooperatives whose members are other businesses or public entities which join together to increase the performance and competitiveness of their organizations. Members of these cooperatives have found that, by pooling their purchasing power to acquire goods and services, they can lower their operating costs. Like all cooperatives, the purchasing or shared service cooperative exists to meet its members’ needs, and almost any service can be provided by these cooperatives for their members.
Peer Marketing Associates, Inc. Preferred Suppliers
The following is a listing of Suppliers who have partnered with Peer to increase sales and distribution of their products/services.
In 2017, PMA members purchased $346+ MM of product from PMA preferred suppliers.
PREFERRED SUPPLIERS (click on company name to learn more):
Amalie Oil Company
A&T Tobacco Inc.
Border States Electric
Cliff Weil, Inc.
Distributor Buying Service
Liggett Vector Brands LLC
L&R Distributors, Inc. (Select Brands)
Payment Alliance International, Inc.
R3 - Reliable Redistribution Resource
SPLASH Products, Inc